time.time() strangeness

Nitro nitro at dr-code.org
Tue Feb 26 16:39:02 EST 2008

> Nevertheless time.time() shouldn't fail here unless DirectX is really
> badly tinkering with my system.

I can tell you more now. If I pass D3DCREATE_FPU_PRESERVE while creating
the DirectX device the bug does not appear. This flag means "Direct3D
defaults to single-precision round-to-nearest" (see [1]) mode.
Unfortunately it is not an option to pass this flag, I need the
performance boost it gives.

Can somebody tell me how this interacts with python's time.time()? I
suppose it's some kind of double vs. float thing or some fpu asm code
issue...

-Matthias