How to autorun a python script when a specific user logs on?

jack trades trades at none.com
Fri Feb 8 10:31:09 EST 2008

"Wolfgang Draxinger" <wdraxinger at darkstargames.de> wrote in message
news:gv5u75-rid.ln1 at darkstargames.dnsalias.net...
> jack trades wrote:
>
> > Honestly I never even thought of that, it just sounded like a
> > fun, and easy,
> > project to put my mediocre programming skills to some use.
> > However his main concern is internet predators (too much
> > Dateline I think) not porn, I should
> > have worded it differently in the OP.
>
> Technically I would not use a keylogger for this. Your
> implementation can be circumvented easyly anyway, and every
> spyware detection tool will report the hooks immediately.
> However I think that tool could do nicely for application
> documentation :-)
>
> To protect the children from predators I'd use transparent
> proxies, to analyze all textual traffic for specific statistical
> patters, kinda like a Bayes Spam filter, and raise an alarm as
> soon something unusual, eventually in combination with some
> keywords happens.
>
> This includes majorly 3 protocols: HTTP, SMTP and IRC. e-mails
> should be prefiltered anyway, alone for all the spam.
>
> Such a system is best installed on a dedicated machine, e.g. a
> Linux based router/gateway, that transparently sends all HTTP,
> SMTP and IRC traffic through the analyzers. This cannot be
> circumvented, as long the kids don't know the root password for
> the gateway.
>
> If you're still up on making screenshots, I'd recommend to
> install a VNC deamon, as a _system service_(!), to which the
> alarm action program connects to make screenshots.
>
> Wolfgang Draxinger
> --
> E-Mail address works, Jabber: hexarith at jabber.org, ICQ: 134682867

Thanks for the suggestion.  I can't believe I didn't think of this.  I just
installed Kubuntu on one of his old computers (I'm trying to get him to
convert to Linux :) and this would work perfectly, especially since I don't
really expect him to use the linux box.  Trying to get a Windoze user to
switch to linux is like pulling teeth.

Jack Trades