Passing a callable object to Thread

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri Feb 15 22:53:10 EST 2008

Paul Rubin wrote:
> Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> writes:
>> Assuming you're right, what alternative would you suggest? Would it
>> allow parenthesized expressions to retain their customary meaning?
>
> It is kind of weird that there is even such a thing as a 1-tuple.

I agree that zero-length and singleton tuples don't make a great deal of
sense semantically. But by now there's been enough tuple-abuse that the
general wish is to have tuples behave exactly like lists.

Of course the singleton tuple was more or less bound to exist once the
DB API started returning result rows as tuples, and I suspect that them
empty tuple is an acceptable generalization.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119