simpleparse - what is wrong with my grammar?

Gary Herron gherron at islandtraining.com
Sun Feb 24 11:18:33 EST 2008

Laszlo Nagy wrote:
> The program below gives me "segmentation fault (core dumped)".
>
> Environment:
>    Linux gandalf-desktop 2.6.20-16-generic #2 SMP Tue Feb 12 05:41:34
> UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux
>    Python 2.5.1
>
> What is wrong with my grammar? Can it be an internal error in simpleparse?

There's no way to tell from here.  It's almost certainly a problem with
simpleparse.  Can you contact the developers of simpleparse?

There is more you can do on your own:  Use a debugger or prints to
decide which python line is causing this.  (Almost certainly the
parse.parse, but *make sure* of that ...)  Then start reducing your
grammar bit-by-bit until you get a working grammar and so narrow in on
the portion that's causing this problem.

This way, you may answer your own question, or provide enough
information to motivate any knowledgeable volunteers to actually
volunteer their time.

Good luck.

Gary Herron