Article of interest: Python pros/cons for the enterprise

Carl Banks pavlovevidence at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 21:04:41 EST 2008

On Feb 21, 11:17 am, "Reedick, Andrew" <jr9... at ATT.COM> wrote:
>  So I wouldn't be
> quick to dismiss the notion that Java/C#/C++ are more newbie-safe than
> Python. =/

FWIW, when I posted my comment about C++, I was mocking the article
writer's notion that it was static typing and compile-time checking
that made Java and C# "safer" for newbies, by presenting an example
that clearly defied that.  I was taking it for granted the C++ is
notoriously dangerous and newbie-unfriendly.

Obviously it is not a universal opinion (yet).  Too bad.

But all I was really saying is that there are far more more important
things when it comes to "safety" than dynamic typing.

Carl Banks