Article of interest: Python pros/cons for the enterprise

dave_mikesell at fastmail.fm dave_mikesell at fastmail.fm
Thu Feb 28 23:25:17 EST 2008

Good article.  Re: the comparisons with C++, most of my experience is
with C++ and I like it because it's powerful, flexible, portable, and
keeps me employable.  However, I can't think of any application or
system I've written in C++ (or Java or Perl) that could not have been
written in Python.

In my hobbyist work, I've used Python quite a bit and will some more.
It's a joy to program with.  Love to get a Python gig someday, but
there's just not much of a market, and with Ruby on Rails emerging as
the next Silver Bullet, I don't see one emerging soon.

No worries.  C++ and Python will both enjoy long futures.  Longer than
I will be employed.