Is there a open souce IDE writen by C( C++) or partly writen by C( C++)?

Ricardo Aráoz ricaraoz at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 21:35:17 EST 2008

zaley wrote:

>>> So I hope I can find something helpful in open source IDE for python.
>> Exactly so. PyScripter does it easy, besides you can have in different
>> tabs all the modules of your application. You just hit the run button
>> and your program runs, you hit the debug button and you start going step
>> by step. It's free, easy to install, just give it a try and if you don't
>> like it just trash it.
>
> I just want to know how to do it!!

Ok, I hope I'm not misunderstanding you.
You go to http://www.mmm-experts.com/Downloads.aspx
and you download PyScripter (windows installer). Then you run the
downloaded file (that would be PyScripter-setup.exe) and that will
install PyScripter in your machine. You run PyScripter, click the "open"
 button or menu File/Open... and choose the program you want to debug.
It  will be opened in an edit window in your PyScripter main window.
Then you click on "Step into subroutine" button or just press <F7> and
you'll be in the first line of your program. From then on you keep
clicking "Step into subroutine" (<F7>) or "Step over next function call"
(<F8>) or "Step out of the current subroutine" or "Run to cursor" as you
see fit. You can add breakpoints just by clicking to the left of the
line numbers or the appropriate button. You can watch what's going on in
your program in the lower partition of your main window where you have a
"Call Stack" tab and also "Variables", "Watches", "Breakpoints",
"Output" and "Messages" tabs.
>From then on you are on your own.

HTH