Client side GUI-like web framework ?

USCode dont at spamon.me
Mon Feb 4 14:11:39 EST 2008

riquito at gmail.com wrote:
> You just described what XUL aims to be
> http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/The_Joy_of_XUL
> http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/XULRunner
>
> At present it lacks for sure documentation (or maybe it isn't
> organized really well)

Just took a look at XUL and it in some ways describes what I was
thinking except it doesn't appear to deliver it's interface via a
browser/web server.  Then your application wouldn't be accessible via a
web browser through the internet.  The XUL application still appears to
only execute locally on the client machine?

Also, personally I find having to describe your interface directly via
XML (XUL) is just plain ugly.