embedded python in c++ packaging

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Feb 7 21:48:53 EST 2008

En Thu, 07 Feb 2008 21:05:46 -0200, Furkan Kuru <furkankuru at gmail.com>
escribió:

> I do not have access to my development machine right now.
> but is it enough adding just a simple line at the top of my main python
> file
> 'sys.path.append("modules.zip")' before importing any other modules?

Almost. Some imports (site, warnings, os...) are done when Py_Initialize
is executed, before there is a chance of modifying sys.path. You'll have
to modify the environment (PYTHONPATH var) or look at how py2exe does
that. Or use the name pythonXX.zip, which is already in sys.path (see PEP
273 http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0273/ )

--
Gabriel Genellina