ANN: Phatch = PHoto bATCH processor and renamer based on PIL

Wolfgang Strobl news2 at mystrobl.de
Tue Feb 19 15:50:50 EST 2008

"SPE - Stani's Python Editor" <spe.stani.be at gmail.com>:

>I develop Phatch on Ubuntu/Linux, but I have tested and polished it
>regularly on Windows and Mac Os X. (Only the droplet functionality
>needs to be ported.) Phatch is submitted to Debian unstable and
>Ubuntu Hardy. Packagers for other platforms are welcome.
>
>Requirements:
>- PIL 1.1.5 or higher
>- wxPython 2.6 or higher
>- pyexiv2 (optional)
>- python nautilus bindings (optional)

Hm. I just gave it a try on Windows, but in vain. See below.

C:\build\phatch-0.1.bzr385>python setup.py install

just says

Sorry your platform is not yet supported.

>>> from PIL import Image
>>> Image.VERSION
'1.1.5'
>>> import wx
>>> wx.__version__
'2.8.7.1'

By greping for "Sorry you platform", I found config.py and there
(abbreviated) the following function:

def check_config_paths(config_paths):
    if config_paths: return config_paths
    p   = sys.prefix
    if sys.platform[:5] == 'linux':
        return {
            "PHATCH_IMAGE_PATH" :
        }
    else:
        sys.stderr.write('Sorry your platform is not yet supported.\n')
        sys.exit()

How is this supposed to work on Windows?

--
Wir danken für die Beachtung aller Sicherheitsbestimmungen