most loved template engine on python is?

Daniel Fetchinson fetchinson at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 24 14:37:27 EST 2008

> After deciding choosing python as my future killer application language
> for writing web applications, I need from you guys still some support,
> if you apologize.
>
> Question:
> Which is the most loved template engine for python?

AFAIK, there is no single blessed template system. If you're up to web
development then your choice of framework will limit the choices for
template engines. For example if you choose Django I guess you'll have
to stick with its built-in template system (I might be wrong on this)
while if you choose turbogears you can choose between, genshi, kid,
myghty and some others.

If you don't have your own preferences the best bet is choosing the
default template system that comes with your choice of web framework.
With turbogears 1 it means kid, with turbogears 2 it means genshi.

For more info please see http://wiki.python.org/moin/Templating