wxPython Plot always comes to focus on redraw

Jacob Davis j.foster.davis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 03:57:17 EST 2008

Hi.

I am using wxPython, and I have a frame that has a notebook in it.
there are 3 pages in the notebook, 2 of which are Panels and 1 of
which is a PlotCanvas.  The data for the plot changes when I press a
button that is in the frame, but not in the notebook (as designed).
the button also makes the plot draw again, since the data has changed.

The problem is that whenever I press my button, the focus of the
notebook "view area" (as opposed to the tabs) changes focus to the
plot.  if I have multiple plots, the focus goes to that plot which was
drawn last in the code. however, if I click anywhere on the panel, the
page of the notebook that is supposed to be in focus is now shown in
the "view area" of the notebook.

will try to make a sample .py if anybody needs a visual, let me know
pls.

Thanks for any help!

Jake