Running CGI from within CGI

rodmc userprogoogle-139 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 14 09:16:52 EST 2008

I am new to using Python as a CGI platform, so please excuse me if
this is a dumb question.

Anyway I have written a series of web forms (with Python scripts)
which allow the user input but also retrieve data from a database. The
data entry stage works fine however retrieving data is a little more
tricky. However I need to find a way to call the scripts directly from
within other CGI's. At present when I go to the next page I call the
normal HTML page as below:

    p = open('somefile.html')
    some = p.read()
    p.close()
    print some

However I would like to execute a script instead so calling for
example myscript.py - thus populating the existing forms with data.
This does not seem to work when I modify the above method. Is there
another way to do it? Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

rod