Pop-up Menu of a Graphics Image?

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 13:01:52 EST 2008

On Feb 15, 2:28 pm, "W. Watson" <wolf_tra... at invalid.com> wrote:
> I want to allow a user who is looking at a graphic to be able to right-click
> on the graphic to produce a menu of choices.
>
> Does the PIL have something, a class or whatever? What in Tkinter would be
> useful for this purpose? GTK?
>

> Jon "Fluffy" Saul wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 9:55 AM, W. Watson <wolf_tra... at invalid.com> wrote:
> >> Is there a library that contains a pop-up menu class from a mouse click on a
> >>  graphics image?
> >>  --
> >>                           Wayne Watson (Nevada City, CA)
>
> >>                         Web Page: <speckledwithStars.net>
> >>  --
>
> > What exactly do you mean by "library that contains a pop-up menu class from a
> > mouse click on a graphics image"
> > If I deciphered the sentence correctly, then TKinter, win32 and GTK API's can do
> > what you want.
> > Probably others too.
>
> --
>                           Wayne Watson (Nevada City, CA)
>
>                         Web Page: <speckledwithStars.net>

wxPython can do a right-click menu like that and I know that PIL has
been integrated into it as well. They have a Demo on the wxPython.org
website that shows off all the official widgets as well as some custom
scripts. If you run it, there is a tree control on the left. Go to the
Miscellaneous section and check out the FileHistory demo.

There are also a lot of graphics demos in there too under the Using
Images category.

Mike