What's "the standard" for code docs?

Preston Landers planders at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 17:21:50 EST 2008

On Feb 19, 4:16 pm, castiro... at gmail.com wrote:
> On Feb 19, 4:12 pm, Preston  Landers <pland... at gmail.com> wrote:

> > >    HTML.  Text-only docs are so last-cen.
>
> > My sarcasometer is broken today... are you being serious?
>
> man serious

As opposed to woman serious?

Are people really writing pure HTML snippets in docstrings to document
each module/class/method?  For anything other than a toy project?

One of the main reasons I'm considering moving to epydoc + reST is
precisely because it's very un-HTML.

Mind you I want to be able to produce HTML format docs from the
source, but I don't want to actually *put* HTML anywhere near my
precious sources.