ANN: Phatch = PHoto bATCH processor and renamer based on PIL

SPE - Stani's Python Editor spe.stani.be at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 03:39:18 EST 2008

On Feb 22, 1:41 am, Mike Driscoll <kyoso... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 20, 4:19 am, Stani <spe.stani... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Even without python-pyexiv2 Phatch features read-only EXIF support thanks to
> > PIL. So you can name your files or write data stamps (date, aperature, velocity,
> > ...) based on EXIF information. If you want to save EXIF and IPTC information to
> > files you needpython-pyexiv2. From its website:
> > "However, the library and all the tools used are cross-platform, so very little
> > tweaking should be needed to get it to work fine on Windows or MacOS X."http://tilloy.net/dev/pyexiv2/developers.htm
>
> > The exiv2 website says:
> > "The Windows package only contains the command line utility exiv2.exe
> > (statically linked), manpage and a sample command file; get the source and doc
> > packages for the library, documentation and other tools."http://www.exiv2.org/download.html
>
> > So maybe someone can compile it.
>
> I'm confused. What needs to be compiled exactly? Are there any
> directions? I'm not seeing any at  that website. I can give it a go if
> someone can give me advice.
You need to compile two things:
1. the exiv2 library
2. the python-pyexiv2 bindings

For the exiv2 library, you will have to dive into the project:
The Windows executable provided here was compiled with the MinGW cross
compiler on an Intel 32 bit machine running Debian.

Maybe the exiv2 Yahoo! group is the right place to be. If you look
there for Windows threads maybe some might be helpful:

The author of python-pyexiv2 is active there as well and explains his
project uses Scons: