How to pass shell variable to shell script from python

Rockins Chen ybc2084 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 01:31:40 EST 2008

Hi all,

I encountered a problem: I have a python script, let's just name it
caller.py, It calls a shell script, which is named callee.sh. In callee.sh,
it need a shell variable $target, which should be supplied by caller.py(cannot
pass by argument). I try to use os.environ to do this, as follows:

caller.py
------------------
#/usr/bin/python

import os

os.environ["target"] = "localhost.localdomain.org"
os.putenv("target", "localhost.localdomain.org")
os.system("./callee.sh")
-------------------

callee.sh
-------------------
#!/bin/bash

echo $target
exit 0
--------------------

But, unluckily, it didn't work. What can I do?

TIA,

--
BRs,
Rockins Chen