Error messages when using the Console Module

peter peter.mosley at talk21.com
Fri Feb 15 08:59:07 EST 2008

I am developing code using the effbot Console module, which gives
control over the Windows terminal settings.  My problem is that while
this module redirects standard output to a new console window, it
seems to redirect standard error messages to a black hole.  So when my
new code fails, I have no error messages to assist in diagnosing the
problem.  At times I have been reduced to writing new code a line at a
time!

I'm sure there is an easy solution to this problem, but googling has
yet to reveal it.  Can anyone help?

Peter