Place n indistinguishable items into k distinguishable boxes

Michael Robertson mcrobertson at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 27 22:03:04 EST 2008

Roy Smith wrote the following on 02/27/2008 06:56 PM:
> What course is this homework problem for?

None.  I assume you have an answer to this *trivial* problem...

It's actually a very general question relating to a very specific
problem I am working on.  Normally, I do not reply to such snide
remarks, but I'd like to note that this post would never have been made
if there *were* a Python package which provided these common
combinatorial methods.