python25_d.lib?

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 12:18:07 EST 2008

Hi,

Currently I'm embedding Python 2.5 into my C++ Visual Studio project.
However, during the link stage it is stating that it cannot find
"python25_d.lib". From what I read in my search through Google on this issue
is that you actually have to build Python yourself to get a debug version of
the library. However, I would rather just link to the release library to
save myself the trouble. It seems as if the python library is utilizing
auto-link in visual studio. What preprocessor directive do I define to
prevent this behavior? If it is not controlled by a preprocessor directive,
what other ways can I make it use the release library? I would rather
explicitly force it to use "python25.lib" in debug builds.

Thanks.