Parallel port control with USB->Parallel converter

Soren soren.skou.nielsen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 08:10:10 EST 2008

Hi,

I want to control some motors using the parallel port.. however, my
laptop does not have any parallel ports (very few do). What I do have
is a USB->Parallel converter... I thought about using PyParallel, but
the USB->Parallel converter    doesn't actually map to the LPT port ..
and PyParallel only looks for LPT ports?

Has anyone tried doing this? What are my options for controlling
parallel connections on a laptop with no parallel port?

I also thought about controlling the USB natively.. but since I dont
have any instructions on how to do this with my Velleman USB->Parallel
port converter... i guess I would be totally blind.

Any help would be appreciated!

Soren