Python GUI toolkit

Torsten Bronger bronger at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Sun Feb 3 10:46:50 EST 2008

Hallöchen!

default at defaulted.default writes:

> [...]
>
> the only remaining are qt4 and wx, i would like to know if one of
> these or any other toolkit is capable of creating good-looking
> GUI's, like in other apps, for e.g, .net apps.

I think both Qt4 and wx create good-looking GUIs, since Qt4 now
tries to use the widgets from the platform it's running on.
However, their ways of expressing things in the code are very
different.  If you really have no other constraints, I'd just
program a non-trivial but very simple application in both.  Then you
know which fits your brain better.

For example, I've never managed to understand this signal-slot idea
of Qt, so I use wxPython.  However, many love Qt exactly for this.

Tschö,
Torsten.

                                      Jabber ID: bronger at jabber.org
               (See http://ime.webhop.org for further contact info.)