OT: Speed of light

Bjoern Schliessmann usenet-mail-0306.20.chr0n0ss at spamgourmet.com
Wed Feb 13 03:46:50 EST 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> Don't cry, I just want to say that I've hated the kilogram-force
> almost as much as I've hated the electron-volt. Who is the lazy
> who comes up with these things?

eV has a advantages some "kilogram force" hasn't: It's on completely
different order of magnitude. People aren't happy writing 81.8 aJ
(Attojoule = 1e-15 Joule), instead they prefer
511 keV. And the "e" in eV even allows you to leave out the
elementary charge in your calculations most of the time (because
it's already in the unit).

Regards,

Björn

--
BOFH excuse #292:

We ran out of dial tone and we're and waiting for the phone company
to deliver another bottle.