Python equivt of __FILE__ and __LINE__

Jeff Schwab jeff at schwabcenter.com
Tue Feb 12 13:44:06 EST 2008

Gabriel Genellina wrote:
> En Tue, 12 Feb 2008 16:20:12 -0200, Jeff Schwab <jeff at schwabcenter.com>
> escribió:
>
>> What about the following?  Should the underscores be omitted from the
>> method names, for consistency with inspect?
>
> I prefer the names_with_underscore, the "current" style recommended by
> PEP8 http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/ but hurry up before it
> changes!

Right on.  Won't I feel silly if the inspect.currentmethods() ever get
renamed,for consistency with the PEP?

It still would be nice to have syntax as clean as __FILE__ and __LINE__.
  Has anybody already written a module of syntactic sugar around
inspect?  These things are mega-useful while debugging, especially for
those of us who prefer in-language libraries to separate debuggers.