Win32 python: odd behavior when run via ssh

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Feb 1 16:46:47 EST 2008

When I ssh into a windows machine (running Cygwin sshd), I can
invoke python at the shell prompt (you have to use -i option
and I don't really understand why).

Once it's started there are couple rather odd behaviors:

 1) readline support doesn't work.

 2) you have call sys.exit() to exit (neither ctrl-D or ctrl-Z
    work)

Number 2) I don't really care about, but 1) is pretty annoying.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I was making donuts
                                  at               and now I'm on a bus!