extending python with array functions

Janwillem jwevdijk at xs4all.nl
Mon Feb 4 15:44:42 EST 2008

I want to make numerical functions that can be called from python.
I am programming in pascal the last few decades so I had a look at
"python for delphi" (P4D). The demo09 gives as example  add(a,b) using
integers and pyarg_parsetuple. That works!

However, I cannot figure out what to do when a, b and the result are
arrays (or matrices) of float (for i:=0 to high(a) do c[i]:=a[i]+b[i];
and then return c to python). Although from the ALGOL60 school and
always tried to keep far from pointers, I might also understand advise in C.

Please get me started e.g. by giving a simple example.
Many thanks,
Janwillem