Setting up a new user and environment from within a python script

Henry Hollenberg hgh at rcwm.com
Thu Feb 7 13:15:53 EST 2008

Hello,

I have written a script that uses environment variables set during
a particular users login in ".bash_profile" and ".profile".

I have changed to that users uid and gid in my python script using:

import os
os.setegid
os.setgid
os.seteuid
os.setuid

but I still am not picking up the needed environment.  When I run:
os.environ I can see that I still have the environment of the user
that owns the python script.

I would like to maintain the original script owner but somehow pick up
the
correct environment for the targeted user.  Several options looked to
create
an environment in a sub-process which I don't think is the correct
solution.

I could of course cut and paste the values from ".bash_profile" &
".profile"
but figured there is probably a better, cleaner way to do the same.

Searched this forum with no luck and checked several python