ANN: Phatch = PHoto bATCH processor and renamer based on PIL

SPE - Stani's Python Editor spe.stani.be at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 04:54:28 EST 2008

On Feb 19, 4:23 am, "Daniel Fetchinson" <fetchin... at googlemail.com>
wrote:
> On 2/18/08, SPE - Stani's Python Editor <spe.stani... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm pleased to announce the release of Phatch which is a
> > powerful batch processor and renamer. Phatch exposes a big part of the
> > Python Imaging Library through an user friendly GUI. (It is using
> > python-pyexiv2 to offer more extensive EXIF and IPTC support.) Phatch
> > is not targeted at manipulating individual pictures (such as with
> > Gimp), but repeating the same actions on hundreds or thousands of
> > images.
>
> > If you know PIL and have some nice recipes laying around, it is very
> > easy to write plugins as Phatch generates the corresponding GUI
> > automagically just like in Django. Any existings PIL scripts can be
> > added very easily. Let me know if you want to contribute or have any
> > questions.
>
> > Homepage:http://photobatch.stani.be(free download link below)
> > Tutorials:http://photobatch.wikidot.com/tutorials
> > Translations:https://translations.launchpad.net/phatch/trunk/+pots/phatch
> > License: GPLv3
> > Screenshot:
> >http://photobatch.wikidot.com/local--files/start/Screenshot-Phatch3d.jpg
> > (the perspective and reflection is produced by Phatch itself)

> This is pretty cool! I have one question about the equally cool
> website: what tool did you use for creating this image:
>
> http://photobatch.wikidot.com/local--files/start/Screenshot-Phatch3d.jpg
This is Phatchs own dogfood. I guess you missed the tutorials link.
There is a tutorial how you can achieve this effect:
http://photobatch.wikidot.com/tutorial-round-3d-reflect

I run Phatch on three screenshots I have to put them in perspective
with rounded corners and perspective. I let Phatch save them as a png
so transparency is preserved. Afterwards I opened Gimp and put the
three together on the background of a radial gradient.

Let me know if it works for you.

Stani