Fate of itertools.dropwhile() and itertools.takewhile()

Simon Brunning simon at brunningonline.net
Mon Feb 18 07:39:13 EST 2008

On Dec 29, 2007 11:10 PM, Raymond Hettinger <python at rcn.com> wrote:
> I'm considering deprecating these two functions and would like some
> feedback from the community or from people who have a background in
> functional programming.

Personally, I'd rather you kept them around. I have no FP background,
and I found them easy enough to understand.

> These thoughts reflect my own experience with the itertools module.
> It may be that your experience with them has been different.  Please
> let me know what you think.

FWIW, I used them only today: http://tinyurl.com/22q6cb

Not sure if something that ugly counts as a reason for keeping them
around, though!

--
Cheers,
Simon B.
simon at brunningonline.net
GTalk: simon.brunning | MSN: small_values | Yahoo: smallvalues