Article of interest: Python pros/cons for the enterprise

Nicola Musatti nicola.musatti at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 08:29:47 EST 2008

On Feb 21, 10:55 am, Bruno Desthuilliers <bruno.
42.desthuilli... at wtf.websiteburo.oops.com> wrote:
> Carl Banks a écrit :
[...]
> > C++ is a compile-time, type-checked language, which means it is
> > totally safer for newbies than Python.  Yep, your big company is
> > totally safe with newbie C++ programmers.
>
> Mouarf ! Brillant demonstration, thanks Carl !-)
>
> (and BTW, +1 QOTW)

Newbies learn, and the fundamental C++ lessons are usually learnt
quite easily. Unless we're talking about idiots, that is, but in this
case at least C++ is likely to make their deficiencies evident sooner
than most other programming languages. So, yes, your big company is
likely to be safer with newbie C++ programmers than with Python newbie
programmers.

Had we been speaking of productivity... but we weren't, were we?

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti