IoC and MVC Frameworks

Robert Rawlins - Think Blue robert.rawlins at thinkbluemedia.co.uk
Fri Feb 1 06:02:20 EST 2008

Hello Guys,

I've been working on a little pet project for a while now, using it as a
learning exercise for Python and its starting to grow nicely, I'm now
looking into refactoring it a little in a more OO fashion and I've always
been a real fan of design patterns and all those fun kind of things.

I'm looking for your recommendations on some good IoC and MVC frameworks,
specifically those that don't just apply to web projects, as this is not
one. I've taken a look at SpringPython which seems fairly tidy, from my
experience with the original Spring framework in JAVA I always liked the way
in which it implemented, what are your thoughts on this? I'm most interested
in the dependency management elements and AOP opposed to the database side,
but I'd be interested to get your opinions on them all.

I'll be interested to hear from you guys,

Rob