[Newbie] Is there any method to urlretrieve to a file the html source from a url with "Transfer-encoding": chunked

Aldo Ceccarelli ceccarelli.aldo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 05:48:44 EST 2008

Hello All,
I apologize for posting a question on this but I could not find a
complete answer after reading and searching so far:-)

My problem is that I'd like to store the html source of a certain web
url but when I try via urllib / urllib2 reads or urlretrieve I get
only a part of the contents (ist type is text/html).

Metainformation associated with the url show that it has a:

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

and this seems the reason why I can get only a part of it.

Can anybody address me to a possible solution?

Many thanks in advance!
WKR Aldo