How to configure Python in Windows

cosmo_general at yahoo.com cosmo_general at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 18:20:56 EST 2008

Hi Folks,

I just downloaded precompiled Python for Windows, and it runs. Now I
have got the command line coding. However, I can't run my python
scripts. My python script, foo.py, is located in C:\\....\pydir, and I
have set the python interpreter on the directory. When I run
os.listdir(), I found my script of foo.py is right in the pydir. But,
when I tried to run command-line python foo.py, to compile it, I got
"Syntax error: invalid syntax". I guess the interpreter did not find
my script foo.py.  In the past, I worked python on unix/linux, and I
knew how set the path, and I ran my python scripts smoothly. I wonder
anybody can help me to configure the python interpreter? Thanks!

Muddy Coder