How to autorun a python script when a specific user logs on?

jack trades trades at none.com
Tue Feb 5 13:00:22 EST 2008

"Hyuga" <hyugaricdeau at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:51d3f6e8-a6c7-485e-9bb5-313bc7a1ddc4 at q21g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...
> You know, I'm all for responsible parenting, and teaching kids about
> about responsible computer use, and even to an extent checking out
> things like browser history to make sure they're up to no good.  But
> this is outright spying--a total invasion of privacy.  Might as well
> put a hidden web cam in their room to make sure they aren't doing
> naughty things like looking at old-media porn or masturbating.  Your
> friend should talk to his kids, not automatically assume their guilt.

Honestly I never even thought of that, it just sounded like a fun, and easy,
project to put my mediocre programming skills to some use.  However his main
concern is internet predators (too much Dateline I think) not porn, I should
have worded it differently in the OP.  Thanks for pointing that out, but I
don't agree that it is "outright spying", rather it is a logical extension
of watching them play in the yard so you can tell if they are doing things
that are dangerous to themselves (They are minors, lacking the life
experience to guide them through potentially dangerous situations.)  I'll be
modifying the program to watch for certain keywords which will enable the
logging, so as to give his kids some degree of 'privacy' as I think that is
important.  Afterall how exciting would life be if you couldn't sneak a peek
at the occasional naked woman :)

Jack Trades