tkinter, unicode, arabic letter, mac os problem

Max Guat servuz_max_guat at yahoo.de
Sun Feb 3 18:26:30 EST 2008

Hi,

i found a problem with tkinter and mac os x  (10.5):

tkinter shows chinese (?) letters instead of arabic letters, what it actually should do.

Code, file encoding and database are ok: because 1. no problems with windows xp, 2. every other output (console, text file) is correct as well.

The problem appears only in tkinter entry and listbox widgets.

any ideas?

Thanks, servuz

max_guat

I described the problem (in german) as well in my blog. there are also some screenshots:
http://servuzmaxguat.wordpress.com/2008/01/24/tkinter-macos-und-arabisch/

      Lesen Sie Ihre E-Mails jetzt einfach von unterwegs.
www.yahoo.de/go