Cannot understand error message

Wed Feb 13 19:25:05 EST 2008

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:29:59 +0000, Bill Davy wrote:

> The following code produces an error message (using Idle with Py 2.4 and
> 2.5).  "There's an error in your program: EOL while scanning
> single-quoted string".  It comes just after "s = ''" (put there to try
> and isolate the broken string).
>
> It would be good if the error message pointed me to the start of said
> single quoted string.

You know what would also be good? If you didn't expect people to read
over 500 lines of code to find YOUR problem, because you can't be
bothered to isolate the error.

When you have a problem, send the SMALLEST piece of code the exhibits the
problem, not the entire application. You can't rely on Chris (who
apparently has no life, no offense intended Chris) being around all the
time.

--
Steven