Project naming suggestions?

miller.paul.w at gmail.com miller.paul.w at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 13:17:39 EST 2008

I'm considering writing a little interpreter for a python-like
language and I'm looking for name suggestions. :-)

Basically, I don't want to change a whole lot about Python.  In fact,
I see myself starting with the compiler module from Python 2.5 and
building from there.

This language would be more or less "Python modulo a few
(incompatible) changes, but it'd be recognizable by Python
programmers.  I'm talking about stuff like "allowing the character '?'
in identifier names," and "a better way to express 'for dummy in
xrange (n):' when the index isn't needed."  I'd also like to
implement  most of the planned Python 3000 changes.

Any suggestions?  I'm thinking "Ophidian," for the snake connection,
or, possibly, "Circus," from "Monty Python's Flying Circus."

Thanks :-)