Running test01.py under Windows (basic level)

K Viltersten tmp1 at viltersten.com
Thu Feb 28 18:05:45 EST 2008

I have v2.5.2 installed and i've composed
a source code i'm sure everybody will be
impressed by. It goes like this.

def bloppA ():
    print "a very advanced piece of code"

What i get to work is to make it run from
the the snakes shell. Then, i realised
that such a masterpiece needs storing in
a file. So i saved it in a file called
great.py   but when i executed:

exec "c:\loj\python\great.py"

i got errors and the pointer showed the
colon claiming it's invalid syntax.

Of course, everybody will agree it's
right syntax and that the computer is
stupid. But let's pretend it has won and
try to make it happy. How?

(Background: I'm a programmer since a few
years back but it's mostly Java/C/C++/C#
and Python way is very new to me.)

--
Regards
Konrad Viltersten