CDA conversion

Dan Upton upton at virginia.edu
Fri Feb 1 11:27:34 EST 2008

On Jan 31, 2008 9:00 PM, Sick Monkey <sickcodemonkey at gmail.com> wrote:
> Good evening.  I am trying to write an application in Python that will allow
> a person to insert a CD into their computer and this python script will
> convert the music to mp3.
>
> NOTE:  I have already google'd this, and nothing really pops out at me.  I
> found tons of applications that does this, but I am trying to write this
> myself (as a little project).
>
> Does anyone know a good site that I can find some pointers on getting
> started?

I don't know anything about how to do it personally, but if you want
to try to see how it's done in other languages you might check the
source for CDEX ( cdexos.sourceforge.net ), which I guess is a
Windows-only application but you should still probably be able to find
the ripping/converting algorithm, or cdda paranoia (
http://xiph.org/paranoia/ ), which is for Linux and has a SVN
repository you can get the code from.

Probably not the answer you were looking for, but maybe it's a start ;)

-dan