Microsoft's challenger to Python

Peter Dilley pdilley at bmm.com
Thu Feb 7 19:07:44 EST 2008

Looks like Microsoft has a language aimed at taking all of Pythons
strengths and attacking its weaknesses. Quoted as a compiled language
that has optional dynamic binding. I've just started investigating the
web site, but this is looking to shape up to a rather decent challenge
to Python for an easy and expressive language with compiled performance
on Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows. I am not, however, an in depth language
nutter, so would appreciate any of our more learned readers comments.

Comparison to Python:
http://cobra-language.com/docs/python/

Main Page:
http://cobra-language.com/

Article that first caught my eye regarding Cobra:
http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;342684174;fp;16;fpid;1

Cheers,
Peter