Windows System Administration: State of the Art on Python?

Krishna Kirti Das krishnakirti at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 16:23:44 EST 2008

I am a long-time user of Perl who comes to you in peace and is
evaluating different scripting languages for use as a scripting
platform for system administrators on the Windows platform. Perl
already has many modules that allow sys admins and devolpers to do
lots of things with the Windows OS, and I'm wondering what the state
of the art is with Python and being able to control and administer a
windows environment. In this regard, how does Python stand up against
Perl?