Please help help ..... for threading

silkenpy ali_292000 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 14 20:01:14 EST 2008

Hi,
please help me to find a solution to run this program correctlly or tell me
my basic mistake.

import thread
import threading
import time
from jpype import *

def sleepFunction():
    print"ya ali"

    classpath = "-Djava.class.path=praat.jar"

    startJVM(getDefaultJVMPath(),"-ea",classpath)

    Formant=JPackage("praat").Formant
    s=Formant("iia-001-000.Formant")
    w=s.getF2_frequency()
    print w
    shutdownJVM()

for i in range(1):
    thread.start_new_thread(sleepFunction, ())
time.sleep(1)
print "goodbye!"

The result is
ya ali
ya ali
Unhandled exception in thread started by <function sleepFunction at
0x00BFE370>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"C:\Downloads\_extracted\py_threading.zip.extracted\py_threading\sle.py",
 line 19, in sleepFunction
    startJVM(getDefaultJVMPath(),"-ea",classpath)
  File "D:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\jpype\_core.py", line 43, in startJVM
    _jpype.startup(jvm, tuple(args), True)
RuntimeError: Unable to start JVM at src/native/common/jp_env.cpp:54
Unhandled exception in thread started by <function sleepFunction at
0x00BFE370>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"C:\Downloads\_extracted\py_threading.zip.extracted\py_threading\sle.py",
 line 19, in sleepFunction
    startJVM(getDefaultJVMPath(),"-ea",classpath)
  File "D:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\jpype\_core.py", line 43, in startJVM
    _jpype.startup(jvm, tuple(args), True)
RuntimeError: Unknown Exception
goodbye!

Thanks a lot.