Windows gzip problem

John Earls yt.rabb at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 18:09:30 EST 2008

Hello,

I am having a problem with gzip.  The code worked fine under linux but
when I moved it over to windows it is getting stuck unzipping a gz
file.

-- snippet --

        fileObj = gzip.GzipFile(iceGetter.file.localFileName, 'rb')
        uncompressedFileName = iceGetter.file.localFileName[:-3]
        output = open(uncompressedFileName, 'wb')
        output.write(fileObj.read())
        output.close()
        fileObj.close()

-- snippet --

typing "python autoIce.py" gets this error:
--error--
Traceback(most recent call last):
  File "runAuto.py", line 17 in ?
    output.write(fileObj.read())
  File "C:\Python24\lib\gzip.py". line 217 in read
self._read(readsize)
  File "C:\Python24\lib\gzip.py", line 276 in _read
    uncompress.decompress.decompress(buf)
   Memory Error

--end error--
I tried playing around with the wb/rb when writing and unzipping, like
this post [http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/
browse_thread/thread/96651e3cd2dc6070/e94ae3b22fc78a1b?lnk=gst&q=gzip
+windows#e94ae3b22fc78a1b]  suggested and that did not seem to change
anything.

I would really appreciate any assistance on this.

Thanks

John