(websearch) script ?

Stef Mientki stef.mientki at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 17:17:42 EST 2008

hello,

Being very satisfied with Python as a general program language,
and having troubles with a number of PHP scripts, moving to another
provider,
I wanted to replace the PHP scripts with Python Scripts.

The most important one is a PHP script that searches text in all
documents on my website.
Does someone has such a script ?

Now in more general,
If I need such a script in PHP or Perl, I can find dozens on the web,
for Python I can not find None ???

Am I mistaken that these kind of tasks can be equally well performed by
Python as PHP or Perl ?
If so, why can't I find all kinds of standard scripts on the web ?
Just curious.

thanks,
Stef Mientki