IDLE Won't Start w/o Socket Error--Win XP

W. Watson wolf_tracks at invalid.com
Tue Feb 12 15:18:20 EST 2008

After simply trying to write a program with help(MakeQTE), a module, and
having it fail with socket errors, I decided to restart IDLE, thinking I
knew the cause. I'm now getting msgs like: "IDLE's subprocess didn't make
connection. ... firewall may be blocking the connection." I doubt the FW
connection. There's a small X warning dialog that says "Socket Error:
Connection refused." Is there a way to reset IDLE?
--
                          Wayne Watson (Nevada City, CA)

                        Web Page: <speckledwithStars.net>