XML pickle

castironpi at gmail.com castironpi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 12:10:42 EST 2008

> > Can you use set( '{ss}Type' ) somehow?
>
> What is 'ss' here? A prefix?
>
> What about actually reading the tutorial?
>
> http://codespeak.net/lxml/tutorial.html#namespaces
>
> > And any way to make this look
> > closer to the original?
>
> What's the difference you experience?

Target:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?mso-application progid="Excel.Sheet"?>
<Workbook
 xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet"
 xmlns:ss="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet">
 <Worksheet ss:Name="Sheet1">
  <Table>
   <Row>
    <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">abc</Data></Cell>
    <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">123</Data></Cell>
   </Row>
  </Table>
 </Worksheet>
</Workbook>

It helped get me the working one, actually-- the tutorial.  'ss' is,
and I don't know the jargon for it, a local variable, or namespace
variable, prefix?, or something. xmlns:ss="urn:schemas-microsoft-
com:office:spreadsheet".  The ElementMaker example is closest, I
think, but it's working, so, ...

I'm more interested in a simplification of the construction code, and
at this point I can get goofy and brainstorm.  Ideas?