The big shots

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 05:37:04 EST 2008

On 20/02/2008, castironpi at gmail.com <castironpi at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm going to start marking my subjective comments with a star, so it's
>  clear what is emperically verifiable, and what is not.

An ascii star? You do realize that email is a text medium, no?

>  It's a bad sign.  If you aren't keeping your thoughts to yourself, and
>  thrashing about the world for a peer, a social network, a support
>  group, or a community, then you missed the day in grammar school when
>  they were handing out smiles.  But they're not handing them out
>  anymore.

You talk in analogies. I don't understand them. I do not know Spanish,
and maybe if I knew both Spanish and your local customs, I would
understand your analogies. But as a Hebrew-speaking middle easterner,
I don't.

>  Even on my emperical claims, I'm wrong 90% of the time.  On the
>  subjective ones, I'm not only wrong that much, but no one else want to
>  hear, or even can verify them.  Smell's fine to me.

I don't have time for 10% right. I cannot go verify everything that
you think out loud because 10% might be true. No matter how it smells
to you.

>  Emotions are prejudiced; and even in my own concrete thoughts, I will
>  misidentify myself with another, and others with me.  When I say "I",
>  I mean "you."

I believe that text was reworded for the final draft of "Through the
Looking Glass".

>  French and Spanish have impersonal pronouns: "on" and "se",
>  respectively.  In English, they often come out as, "we", "they", and
>  "you" a lot, on occasion a "one", and sometimes, even, I.

In Hebrew, we have 8 different words for "you". That does not affect
my English communications, however.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il