Article of interest: Python pros/cons for the enterprise

Paul Rubin http
Sat Feb 23 23:25:31 EST 2008

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?EAN=9780201179286

> > C and C++ should practically be outlawed at this point.
>
> On what grounds?  "I don't approve of the programming language you're
> using.  Cease and desist.  Nyah!"

Well, "outlawed" of course is a figure of speech; however use of those
languages should be a red flag in a design review, and a factor in
determining product liability if a program misbehaves.  Think of all
the buffer overflow exploits against Microsoft Windows programs that
couldn't have happened if Microsoft had used safer languages.  There
was clearly a failure to use best engineering practices.