XML expat error

Richard Brodie R.Brodie at rl.ac.uk
Wed Feb 27 11:18:53 EST 2008

"dirkheld" <dirkheld at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:babb6775-311d-4f7a-bc03-90f249e34180 at s19g2000prg.googlegroups.com...

> xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line
> 554, column 20
>
> I guess that the element I try to read or the XML(which would be
> strange since they have been created with the same code) can't ben
> retrieved.

It's fairly easy to write non-robust XML generating code, and also
quick to test if one file is always bad. Drop it into a text editor or
Firefox, and take a quick look at line 554. Most likely some random
control character has sneaked in; it only takes (for example) one NUL
to make the document ill-formed.