python book for non technical absolute beginner

News123 news123 at free.fr
Sun Dec 7 07:11:14 EST 2008

Thanks for your answers,

I'll look at
- "Python Programming, for the absolute beginner (second edition by
MichaelDawson."
and at the LiveWires Course: http://www.livewires.org.uk/python/home

I looked at http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/thinkCSpy/ but
think it's not a good choice for a non engineer, as this course tries to
explain many principles, which are not really needed to get started.
AN example is recursion.
Recursion is important but confuses easily.
I remember still how quite some people at school disconencted mentally
when the teacher tried to explain the 'mathematical induction'.

bye